Stumble This

StumbleUpon.com

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Brushed Crochet Bunny Slippers


First off I wanted to put a photo of the TV/computer screen that I hooked up that I posted about yesterday.  Here is a photo.  Notice how big it is compared to the keyboard and you will have some idea of how large the letters are when typing and/or reading messages!

Ok now I wanted to put a photo of some slippers on here that I made a while back for my Mother in law.  I made them out of Pattons Divine yarn in Chantilly Rose and Lion Brand Jiffy Solid yarn in Light Pink held together as one strand.  I used whatever hook was most comfortable.  I was inspired to make this slipper by a book that I have called Stitch N' Bitch Crochet, The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller.  She has a pattern for these type of slippers but I did not use her pattern I made my own type of slide on rather than a fitted slipper and used some buttons for eyes.  I used a pet slicker brush to apply the brushed crochet technique to the yarn.  There are some very good tutorials on Youtube that can show you exactly how to achieve this result.  The end result was super comfortable and uber cute!  Here are some pictures.  I hope these will inspire you to make some of your own.  You should they are worth it!
Happy Crafting!







2 comments:

  1. These are really cute! Are you willing to share your pattern? This is what I wanted to make my 12-year old niece for Christmas. I am making a bunny hat for her 5-year old sister and wanted to stick with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for liking my bunny slippers! I followed the book Stitch N Bitch Crochet, The Happy Hooker for the shape of the ears but I changed everything else as I went by my own feel. I liked it better as more of a slide on but I imagine you could make the one in the book easily and with pretty much the same end result. I highly recommend the two yarns I used because it was plush and cozy. Let me know if it all works out. Oh and it worked up quick, I think in a week (working only once a day around bed time). Plenty of time till christmas.

    ReplyDelete